Wednesday, October 22, 2008

31 weeks!!

This past weekend, Elizabeth and Felicia came to stay with us! We had way too much fun eating, shopping and playing with Felicia (who is a little ball of fire!). She is now 11 months old and is such a good baby! She loved our high ceilings which made her voice echo so she just yelled out because it was so much fun! When she yelled, the dogs barked because they aren't used to hearing a baby yell yet. But Felicia just thought they were talking to her so she'd throw back her own little version of a bark which was precious. While I loved every minute of it, I now know why God does not just give you an 11 month old off the bat. It was a lot of work, but I can't wait until I have one of my own to spoil rotten!


This week marks week 31 of my pregnancy! I cannot believe how fast these last few weeks have flown by! I have a feeling, though, that time is about to come to a virtual stand-still because the closer I get, the more anxious I get and the more I want her here! I feel Autumn constantly now which is absolutely wonderful (except when she gets right up under my ribs). I took a picture of my 31 week belly today and am just shocked at how big it looks from the other side of the camera! When I bought the shirt I'm wearing in this picture, I swear I thought it would be slimming because of the diagonal stripes. I think I'm waaaaay past anything slimming these days. I am really just looking for things that cover the belly so the bottom doesn't stick out. Believe me, I do not want to be like Rachel on Friends when she was sporting half-shirts towards the end of her pregnancy!

The nursery is coming along wonderfully! Jeremy has finished putting in the floors and the new ceiling fan. I will take a picture very soon to show the progress. Currently he is working on the baseboards. Once those are finished, I think we'll be able to start moving in furniture!!

Theoretically, we have 9 more weeks to go! Right now, according to the pregnancy websites and books that I've been reading, I need to be studying up on knowing when labor begins (yikes) and birth plans (double yikes). I'm still not planning on taking any birthing classes. I've seen enough episodes of a Baby Story that I think I know what to expect! Those words may very well come back to bite me square in the ass...



1 comment:

Jessica said...

You're going to do awesome with or without birth classes! I can't believe you're getting so close! Aaaah! I want to come see the nursery this weekend.

BTW - Thanks to you, I have that top too!