Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Populating Texas!

Wow, it's really easy to get out of the habit of writing on your blog! This is the longest stretch of time that I've gone since I started this thing and I feel like I have so much to catch up on.

Last week, Autumn and I both got colds. I know there's really no way to cure a cold, but there sure are medicines to make you feel better! Unfortunately, Autumn can't take any because she's too little and I can't take the good ones because I'm breastfeeding. So we both had to suffer through. We're fine now, but that was no fun!

I have a wonderful announcement! In the past 2 weeks, 3 of my friends have delivered healthy baby boys! Noah Monroe was born on Feb 18: Next came Graham Robert on Feb 26: And finally, we have William Wesley on March 1:
I would like to congratulate all of my friends on their new additions and wish them the best :) I have personally cuddled with the first two and will get to love on William this weekend! I can't believe that all of my friends just had boys. I do, however, love that there will be no shortage of playmates for my little one because all of these kiddos are going to be the same age!

Speaking of Autumn's running buddies, Felicia came up to Austin last weekend to see her best friend, Autumn! Elizabeth and I needed a day off of work, so we took last Friday to take a road trip to Fredericksburg and Luckenbach. We started off the day at our favorite restaurant, Auslanders, for a German Snack and some sausage and sauerkraut potato skins! I swear, I cannot get enough of those things. The only downside to the day was that it ended up being really hot! I had Autumn dressed in some jeans and a Polo shirt, but ended up having to buy her a little cotton bubble outfit because she was burning up. I did learn that old ladies LOVE to give their unsolicited opinion about how you are raising your child and the general consensus of the day was that I was a horrible mother for taking my teeny baby out of the house and in to that hot weather. I cannot tell you how many times I heard "How old is that baby?" with an accompanying dirty look. By the 20th time I was asked that, I decided that I needed to either tell them that I had just given birth in the car and needed some crap at their stores or that she was actually 7 and had a rare disorder that she would never get any bigger than she was. What I really wanted to say was that I had been cooped up in the house for the last 3 months and needed to be FREEEEEEEEEE! but I just answered their questions and went on my way. I guess the suggestions of what I should and should not be doing will never go away. It was just my first time to experience it and I'm not a fan.

Elizabeth and I also decided that we suck as photographers. We took about 15 pics of the entire day and they are all stinky. So we called in the professional! On Sunday, Kate came over and took some pictures of the two girls. Elizabeth and I bought them some coordinating outfits (they're really gonna hate us when they get older) and we had a little photoshoot. The funny thing is that Felicia wanted nothing to do with Autumn this time, so every time we'd try and put Autumn in Felicia's lap, she would push her away. I think that Kate was able to get a couple of good ones, though.
It's official, our children are adorable.

No comments: