Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sleep, Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Since I have updated the Internet on the status of my daughter's sleep, I feel obligated to type out the latest...

So last Thursday night, it happened. The night that we've all been waiting for! We put Autumn down at 9pm and she slept the entire night and woke me up at 6am. Let me tell you, that little one was hungry! But she lived and I was so proud of her for sleeping through the night! Unfortunately the good times didn't last long. The next 2 nights she went back to her old ways of waking up at 3am to have me rock her back to sleep. Sunday night, though, she surprised us all and slept through the night again! The last couple of nights she has been restless throughout the night, but was able to be settled with a pacifier. So technically she is not sleeping through the night, but I'm ok with it! I'm not having to get up, I just roll over and stick the pacifier in her mouth and she will go back to sleep until about 530, when feeding is necessary! I think we're doing pretty good if I do say so myself and I am proud!

This week has marked a noticeable difference in her personality. She has been extra smiley and very talkative. It's just amazing how alert she is! She also obviously likes and dislikes things as well. Right now, she can be as smiley as ever and as soon as I hold up the camera, we get a frown-y face! What a little stinker. As far as things she likes, I bought her a play gym and she will smile at the hanging-down toys and talk to them as well. She's kicking them with her feet and will bat at the toys to the best of her abilities! I feel that her grabbing things is just around the corner. This weekend is Autumn's baptism, so that will be exciting! She's ready, but I'm still working on me. I haven't bought a dress for myself in a while, so finding one for this occasion has been especially trying. It's difficult to find something that makes me feel pretty and actually fits as well. I have one that I found from Banana Republic that is on a delivery truck on its way to me and I'm seriously crossing my fingers that it's going to fit. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if it doesn't! Autumn's dress, however, is my grandmother's. It's 84 years old and still in really good shape I must say! I tried it on her the other day and she looks like an angel. Well, if I'm being honest, she would look like an angel in anything, but this dress is really special :)

Here are some pics from this week. Her cheeks are getting bigger every day! I think she's smuggling something in them :)

No comments: