Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mommy's big girl!

Once again, I feel as if I'm slacking in the blog posting department. Having 3 full-time jobs (a day job, being a mom, and housework) is really starting to take its toll on me. Unfortunately when I'm feeling extra overwhelmed, as I was last week, the one that is neglected turns out to be my housework. While I'm not too worried about my work wardrobe, Jeremy actually has to wear real clothes every day. So this week has been laundry-city! You would think the answer to my problem would be to have Jeremy pop in a load of laundry here and there, but I've learned my lesson. I don't want my whites to become pinks again. I've done what feels like 100 loads. I seriously need to win the lotto so I can hire someone do to my chores.

So, a lot has happened since I last posted here! Two weekends ago, we went to Mansfield for Autumn's baptism. On the way, we stopped to meet another of Autumn's boyfriend. We stopped at Joan and Wes' house in Burleson on the way to cuddle with William, who was born on March 1. He is super cute and I can't wait to watch him grow up! Aren't they a cute couple?
Autumn's baptism was Sunday morning in Mansfield. She was a perfect baby. They had a big screen at the front of the church so they were filming it while it was happening and we were told that they were focused on Autumn during the baptism and she was making cute faces and keeping everyone entertained. Already a little ham! I can't wait to see the video! Autumn wore her great-grandmother's dress (my grandmother) which is 84 years old. Here's a picture that Aunt Kate took in the dress.
Here is a picture of us with Jeremy's parents. Don't we clean up nice? Although for some reason I look bigger than everyone else in this picture...

Yesterday, I officially gave in to the fact that Autumn's 0-3 month clothes aren't really fitting very well anymore. So I put her in her first 3-6 month outfit! My little girl is getting so big and I can't do anything to stop it. We also bought size 2 diapers this weekend and, while they're just a tiny bit big, my guess is that she'll be in them next week after the size 1s that we have left are gone.

These last 2 weeks have been full of new behavior as well. Autumn has learned to blow spit bubbles (I'm so proud!) and if you blow a raspberry at her, she'll copy you and blow one back. She also gives you a really big smile! It's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. The following video was taken yesterday morning.

The second big accomplishment is that after weeks of eating her fists, she's finally found her thumb. And it's a great thumb! Here is a question for ya... Autumn is a right-handed thumb-sucker. Does that mean that she'll be right-handed? I searched for an answer on the internet but the answers were conflicting. The first picture was taken last Sunday, the first time she found it.

It took a couple of days, but today she officially became a pro...These last two weeks have been very busy at work, so I'm officially looking to hire someone a couple days a week to help me out in the house. This week, Jeremy's mom has been on spring break, so she was here Sunday through Wednesday morning to help me with Autumn during the day while I worked. I was able to get so much done and today it's been back to flying solo, which has really given me incentive to finding someone. Wish me luck!

No comments: