Sunday, January 4, 2009

They don't grow up fast enough!

I know that is an odd title for a posting from a new mom, but I have a reason... Never in a million years did I ever think that I would have a small baby. My whole pregnancy, Jeremy's mom told me that he was a 10 pound baby and I was convinced that Autumn would be big as well. When she was born weighing 6 pounds and 7 ounces, we had to go out and buy clothes that would fit her because in that full closet that I had ready, not one thing would fit her! The 0-3 months-sized clothes were enormous and so we went and bought a couple of shirts that were newborn sized (that are supposed to fit up to 8 pounds). I was convinced that she would wear them for a week or two, and then we would be able to dive in to the clothes that we already had. Well, here we are 4 weeks later, and the newborn clothes are just now fitting her perfectly! So it's going to be a little bit before we get to all of those precious 0-3 months clothes that we already have.


The same goes for diapers. I was ready with size 1 diapers waiting for my new baby, which are for 8-14 pound babies. Needless to say, we had to purchase some size N diapers, which are for 7-10 pounders. I had a stockpile which I was going through and had decided that we were going to go up to the size 1s when I went through them. Yesterday was the day! My little girl was going to be out of her Ns and in to her 1s, and I was convinced that the timing was right. While I was out of the house, daddy put her first size 1 on and when I returned, mentioned that he thought it was a little big. When it was time for the next changing, it was my turn. The diaper was so big, it went half-way up her chest! We powered through the night with the huge diapers, but needless to say, I made a trip to Target today to buy some more sized N diapers.

Sharon and I went to Walmart the other day and saw a teensy baby. It had to be fresh out of the belly. After I got over my shock at seeing a brand new baby in the most germ-infested place in the entire world, it made me realize just how much my little one has grown in the last 4 weeks. And although she is a whole lot bigger than she was, she is still my little bird. I told myself today to just enjoy these little days, as I know I'm not going to get nearly enough of them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

adorable, completely and totally adorable.