Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Big News!

After lunchtime today, I took Autumn upstairs to have her bath. After a wonderful time in the bath, we went and got dressed as usual. I put her down on her tummy time blanket face down as always and realized that I forgot her pacifier, which is a necessity during tummy time. I knew that there was a spare in our bedroom, which is right across the hall, so I ran over to pick it up. When I came back in the room, I was shocked to see my little girl on her back!! I recently read that she should start rolling over to one side soon, but I did not believe it. I rolled her back over and went to pick up the video camera because I want proof of this day. So I got back to the room, set up the video camera, and waited. Unfortunately, Autumn did not want to oblige and I have about 10 minutes of uneventful video of her on her tummy (which by the way I still have no way to get off of the camera, but I'm still working on that issue).

This event makes me sad because it is 100% proof that she's growing up. These next couple of days/months/years are going to be filled with milestones, all of which I will document here (hopefully!). I know that this is a big one, but is definitely the first of many. I just can't believe that I missed it.

After I turned off the camera, I read Autumn the only "cry" book that I have, which is called Someday. It's all about a mom and a little girl and talks about the things that the little girl will do in her lifetime and at the end it says something like that she will look back and remember her mommy when she's gone. I didn't get more than about 4 pages in the book before I just started bawling. I cried the rest of the book and made Autumn promise that she's never going to get any bigger. She promised, I swear.

No comments: