Friday, January 2, 2009

First Milestone?

Tomorrow Autumn turns 4 weeks old! I cannot believe how fast she is growing. Her little personality is just popping up everywhere and I am still loving every second of it!

Today, I am convinced that she smiled her first real smile and that it was not gas, as everyone keeps telling me that these are. She had just finished her breakfast and had given me a very productive burp. I had her on her back and was talking to her and making funny faces like I do every day. All of a sudden, there was the first ounce of recognition in her eyes and she looked right at me and smiled! At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but then she did it again! I couldn't get her to do it a third time, but I know that this had to be the real thing.

According to the mommy articles I can't get enough of, it's normal for a baby to start smiling at 4 to 6 weeks, and Autumn has been ahead of the curve from the get go (except for in the weight department, which we are seriously working on). When she was 3 weeks old, I received an article in my email that said that by the end of 3 weeks, she should be able to lift her head during tummy time and turn it to the side. Well, we started tummy time the first week she was home, and she was able to lift and turn her head at the end of 2 weeks! It just proves that we are raising a little superstar!

No comments: