Monday, May 11, 2009

The last week

Autumn and I have had a busy last couple of days! We've been going and going and my little one has been a trooper through it all.


Last Thursday, we drove to Bryan and had a sleepover with our Auntie Elizabeth and Autumn's best friend, Felicia! Although we didn't get any pictures this time (we'll be hanging out for over a week together in Leakey two weeks from now and I am certain that we'll get plenty of pictures there!), Elizabeth and I got the kiddos to bed on time and had a blast gossiping, eating, and drinking margaritas! I stopped off at Must Be Heaven for some to-go slices of pie and we ended up giving up the margaritas for them. I told Elizabeth that it's sad that I don't have a problem admitting that I'd much rather have pie than booze these days!


On Friday, my cousin Kendra, who is an amazing ballerina, was performing in a dance concert at A&M and after a wonderful dinner out with the family, we headed to campus to check it out. The concert started at 730 so I figured that Autumn would just sleep through the entire thing, but boy was I wrong. She was really interested in the dancers and stayed awake the whole time. As soon as we got in the car, though, she was out like a light until we had to wake her up to put her in some pjs to go to bed.


Saturday, we headed home to get ready for the Brew-B-Que, which is where the Chihuahua races were being held. For those of you who don't know, Dolly is a Chihuahua race veteran so we knew what we were getting in to! We headed down to Waterloo Park and Dolly showed all the other dogs how it was done. We won our first heat and then unfortunately lost in the finals. But Dolly was a champ and remains one of the fastest Chihuahuas in the west! After the races, we set up camp and were joined by a bunch of friends and were able to relax and enjoy the rest of the day. Autumn and her boyfriend Graham got to hang out most of the day, and I think I've raised a little flirt (or a potential cougar... she likes 'em young, haha). They were laying side by side on our blanket and Autumn kept grabbing the poor little man. It sure was super cute, though!


Eventually, they ended up holding hands...

...and then napping together.

Yesterday, I celebrated my very first *real* Mother's Day with my 2 favorite people (and 3 favorite dogs!). It was a very relaxing day that included grilling some chicken kebabs and taking a luxuriously long bubble bath with a book that I've been reading for quite a while. I don't get a lot of time these days to sit down and read and so it was wonderful! I also received some beautiful earrings in Autumn's birthstone (blue topaz) that I will cherish forever.

Happy Mother's Day to all of my wonderful friends and family. I hope that yours was as wonderful as mine :)

2 comments:

Hailey said...

It is definitely sad that you're admitting to choosing pie over booze!!!

Jessica said...

Oh man we're gonna have to watch those two as they get older!