Sunday, June 28, 2009

So much to catch up on

Okay, this is why I try and post every week. I'm sitting here thinking that there is way to much that I need to cover that happened over the last 2 weeks! I guess I'll just have to hit the highlights...

On Monday, Jun 15 I heard Tenley scream for me while I was in the shower... She felt Autumn's very first tooth! She and I had been watching out for one for what seems like the longest time, and we finally caught a glimpse of it! The little sucker broke through the gums with no screaming or crying on Autumn's part, which made me so proud! As of today, there are 2 visible teeth in Autumn's mouth and she's learning to bite, which seems to amuse her. She will bite anything you put in her mouth... spoons, toys, fingers (ouch!) and it looks like she's practicing chewing when I feed her. It's absolutely amazing to me to watch her figure things like that out. She's brilliant!

From Jun 16-19, I had my first extended time away from Autumn. I went to New York City for a work trip, and Jeremy's mom, sister, and neices came to watch Autumn. Sharon went with me and we had a blast. We shopped, ate great food, saw the sights, and even met Ken Seely. It was a very short trip, but I know now that I'm very lucky to have a wonderful team of people to keep Autumn safe and entertained while mommy goes off to make a living!

Autumn is doing great eating solid foods. She loves fruit, and scarfs down any kind that I put in front of her. Vegetables aren't so easy, but she tolerates most. We had a horrible experience with peas the other day, though. I really believed that after the pea posting a couple of weeks ago, that we wouldn't have problems with them, but after a week straight of various fruit, she would have nothing to do with them! It was quite a funny sight to witness, even at the expense of being called a child abuser for what I put Autumn through in that feeding session!

Kate took some new adorable pictures of Autumn last Sunday. While there are way too many to post here, I've created a link to my Picasa album where the best are saved. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so incredibly lucky to have such a talented photographer as a sister! Thanks Aunt Kate for taking the new pictures of Autumn!

This last week, I began seriously working out and watching what I eat for the first time since before my pregnancy. While my body is protesting, I really feel great. My goal is to not feel like a huge whale when Jeremy and I go to South Padre in 3 weeks. Remembering that trip has been my motivation and it seems to be working! Thanks to Kate, I have a copy of the P90X program which is totally been kicking my butt! It's amazing though that after a workout, while I can barely lift my arms, I feel really great. I worked out 5 times this last week and even though it's a very strenuous program, I know that I can do it. It's time to put a little "me" time back in my daily routine, as it's been lacking since Autumn's arrival!

Finally, I signed Autumn up for swim lessons! It's a 4 week program which meets twice a week. We start on July 6 and I am so excited! While we don't readily have access to a pool, I want Autumn to be comfortable when we do get to go swimming. After our time in Leakey, I have a feeling that she's going to love it.

No comments: