Monday, July 6, 2009

Recap

It seems to get harder and harder to post something regularly on this. Autumn is getting much more active and wants more of my attention, which I really don't mind one bit! The only downfall is that I just have to give a recap of our events, rather than documenting them as they happen!

First of all, last Wednesday, I got all of my hair cut off. Now I have really never had long hair, but pregancy was kind to my hair! It was thicker and less stringy and I let it get longer than it had been in a long time. Unfortunately, when my pregnancy ended, so did the good hair days. It has been falling out in clumps and it's a wonder that I still have any hair left at all. I saw an episode of Law & Order SVU and decided that my hair needed to look like Detective Benson's. I ran in to a friend at a get together who does hair and I begged her to take me in and fix it all. When it was all said and done, Jan said that she cut off about 4 inches. I have never felt better and I think my hair shows it! I wanted to take a picture of it, so I just made it a lot cuter by adding Autumn to it. Now if I'd only fix it once in a while...

On July 4, we celebrated by having a block party in our front yard. It was incredibly hot, but luckily we have a lot of shade. As we all know, Autumn absolutely loves being outside. We put a quilt down in the grass and Autumn just played until she passed out. Everyone kept commenting on how they couldn't believe how good she was! She didn't make a peep the whole time and was perfectly content the entire time. We didn't take many pictures, but I did get a couple of her nap.

Today, we began our swim lessons! I knew that Autumn would love being in the water from our time in the Frio River. As I expected, she loved every second of it. She didn't even cry when we dunked her little head under water (unlike her classmate!). This lesson, we learned to blow bubbles in the water: We learned how to make Autumn comfortable on her back while being pulled through the water (and I sang her favorite song, thanks to Tenley, to keep her interested and calm)

She even learned how to pull herself out of the water! They swear that she can do it, but I know that we have got some practicing to do. Right now, she can grab on to the side...

But inevitably, she ends up face first with the concrete poolside in her mouth.

We have 7 more classes and we're looking forward to all of them! If anything, I get to spend extra time with my little girl and watch her learn more about the world around her!

No comments: