Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Fun

Today, the guys headed to Gruene early to celebrate a friend's birthday, so Autumn and I had some fun time to burn! We all know how she absolutley loves being outside, which has been great until we've started hitting 95 degrees during the day! We had a nice breeze early this afternoon, so I decided to put Autumn's new sitting up skills to the test. We walked down to one of the three playgrounds in my neighborhood and I put her in a toddler swing and she absolutely loved it!

Right after we took this video, she started trying to eat the handles on the side. It was at that point that I decided that it was time to go home. I don't know that dirty kid germs and rust are supposed to be included in her diet right now. It reminds me of the time Jenn Monty took her daughter Ryleigh to Wal-Mart and she found her licking the cart handle... These things will happen and I know that is what will build immunities in that precious little body. It's still just a little gross to witness it, though.

Later in the day, Jessica brought Autumn's boyfriend Graham over to for our very first official play date (well, the kids kinda layed there while the mommies drank a couple of mimosas - I could get used to these play dates!). Aren't they cute together?

I can't decide if Graham, who is about 3 months younger than Autumn, is super long or if Autumn is super short. They're the same length! I swear that my little one may appear extra chubby in this photo, but it's like taking a photo of me standing next to Kate Moss... I learned a long time ago not to stand next to skinny people in photos. During the visit, Autumn showed me that she is her mommy's girl. I swear, she decided that this was going to be her new toy all on her own.


Today my little girl turns 6 months old. She has been such a blessing and I love her more than words could ever describe. I don't remember what my life was like before her, and quite honestly, I don't need to. She is exhausting, but it is the best type of exhaustion imaginable. I melt when I see her face every morning and I ache when I have to put her to bed at night knowing that I don't get to see it for the next few hours. Thank you, my Autumn Leigh, for bringing such joy to our lives. Your daddy and I can't wait to see what amazing things you will accomplish in your lifetime!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Miss Autumn, I will see you a week from today...and Aunty Jenn has a very special gift for you!