Thursday, December 11, 2008

Follow-Up Pediatritian Appointment

I am so proud of my little girl. We went to the Pediatritian today and were pleased to find that she has gained 4 ounces since yesterday. My mom made the comment that if she keeps up this trend, she will weigh about 50lbs when she's a year old! I'm sure it will all even out over time, but we're pleased to now see that she's a healthy eater, just like mommy and daddy.

Everything is going really well here at home. My mom is leaving today, and Jeremy's parents are coming to stay over the weekend to cuddle with their new grandbaby and help out around the house.

Ironically, with all of the clothes in her closet, not one thing fits. My mom and I went to Babies R Us to buy some clothes for her the other day. We bought a couple of preemie outfits, but unfortunately they're too short for her. Thankfully, we did pick up some newborn long-sleeved onesies and I do have one pair of pants from Gymboree (sized up to 7lbs) that I never in a million years imagined that she'd wear. It's so funny. I honestly imagined that with Jeremy's mom telling me for the last 9 months that Jeremy was a 10lb baby, that Autumn would be a big baby too. With a million things that she'll eventually be able to wear, all we have right now are 2 white long-sleeved onesies and a pair of reversible pants. Needless to say, there's a lot of laundry being done in this household right now. Hopefully Jeremy's mom and I will be able to get away and go to the store this weekend to pick up a couple more things for her to wear.

Autumn is such a laid back little baby. She is still eating really well and is really a pleasure to have around. She's not fussy and is starting to open her eyes a little more each day. It's so fun to see her checking out her surroundings. It is also so incredibly amazing to realize that this is the little person who was inside my belly for the last 9 months. I love her so much and absolutely cannot imagine my life without her.

No comments: