Friday, February 6, 2009

Autumn, Week 8

This has been another week of milestones for my little prodigy! I was finally able to witness Autumn rolling over! On Tuesday, after our bathtime, we went to have some important tummy time and as soon as I put Autumn on her tummy, she flipped over. I really saw it this time! I ran to get the video camera to make sure that it was documented this time. As soon as I turned on the camera she did it again (twice) and then I ran out of tape. Go figure. I took my extra blank tapes to Bryan last weekend, and I'm not sure where they are now, so we didn't get any more footage. It's not as if I can take the videos off of the camera yet, since I still don't have the right software, haha! Someday I hope to get it and I will keep my promise of posting the videos here.

I also discovered the greatest baby clothing invention known to man. Babylegs! They're basically just big legwarmers resurrected straight from my childhood. But what a great idea for babies! They serve the purpose of keeping the legs warm, but there is no elastic on Autumn's tummy to irritate her. And there are no pants that have to be removed during diaper changes! They're awesome, hands down. I'm done with pants, I must have these in every color. Not to mention, they are absolutely PRECIOUS! You be the judge, these are the Rainbow Brite version :)

Autumn has been extra smiley all week and this morning was no exception. After learning that her favorite song is Bicycle Race by Queen (no joke, I watched the kid smile and laugh throughout the whole song!), I hooked up my newly purchased webcam. Here is my first attempt. I was on the phone with my mom as I was playing with it, so hers is the voice in the background. Look how strong my little girl's neck is! And try not to smile with all of those smiles and coos that Autumn throws out! I have to apologize both for the poor quality of the video and for the way I look. I don't get dressed up a lot these days!


Tomorrow is the baby shower for Jessica and baby Gonzo! She's almost 38 weeks, so he could come any day now! I know this sounds crazy, but I'm ready for another tiny baby (not necessarily to have in my home, but one to hold and love on)! Autumn is getting to be such a big girl! The next thing you know, I'll be posting about her first steps or her first day of school. OK, that may be stretching it a little, but she's not getting any younger!

On Sunday, we'll be taking our first official family pictures! Stay tuned for the results...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That video is SO cute! And the Baby Legs! GAH! I can't wait!