Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feeling good about myself... kind-of

Tomorrow is going to be a FABULOUS day! For those of you who I haven't told, I'm locking my ass in at the Crossings for the majority of the day for some much needed R&R. My mom will be coming up to watch Autumn and Kate and I have signed up for facials and massages! We start at 10am and should be done about 3pm. Between our treatments, there are fabulous grounds at the spa, at which you can eat, or swim, or hike (not likely), or just plain relax. I cannot wait! We booked these thanks to Spa Week, which in my opinion is the best idea out there. There are a bunch of spas in Austin that, for one week only, offer a number of treatments for $50 each. A steal if you ask me!


So this morning, I got on the scale, as I normally do and am really starting to feel good about myself again. Before I got pregnant, I had put on some pounds, but apparently my body was an efficient machine during pregnancy and I gained less than 15 lbs throughout the whole thing. With the help of breastfeeding, I've been able to continue to shed some weight, and am now fitting in to clothes that I haven't even looked at for about a year and a half! It is truly a great feeling! I am currently about 20lbs lighter than BEFORE I got pregnant. Let me just say, I could look a whole lot better if I actually ate right and exercised, but I am taking this one step at a time.

Because of tomorrow, I'm sitting here dreaming about laying out by the pool and catching some rays and remembered that I need to probably wash my swimsuit since it's brand new. I got a steal on a new Michael Kors swimsuit on eBay and it's been waiting for me to break it out. I went to go put it in the wash and decided to try it on. I had these visions of it fitting great and covering me in all the right spots... well my hopes were just shattered. Swimsuits are evil and they can bring even the most confident person down. I'm having flashbacks of being 8 years old screaming "I'm fat! Fat as a COW!" That's it. It's time to buy a Wholesomewear version. I'm off to eat some Easter candy...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is so totally a man on the far right of the homepage for Wholesome Swimmer. Those people would totally freak out if they saw what I let my daughter swim in while in Mexico. However, as soon as she gets boobs, it's Wholesome Swimmer for her.